Vale Karate are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, Vale Karate (the Club) is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, visiting our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club, subscribe to our newsletter, or purchases goods / services from us. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, gender and specifics about our membership for example start and end dates.
When you visit our website we may also with your consent collect information related to your visit including but not limited to your IP address, cookies or browser information.
We may also ask you for health information which is a type of sensitive data. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will ask you for your explicit consent to process this data when collecting it. Any health data will only used in relation to your participation in the sport of karate.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your data is to be able to administer your membership and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
· sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
· sharing personal data with club team managers to enter events;
· sharing personal data with leagues, national bodies and other competition providers for entry in events.
For funding and reporting purposes
· sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
· analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends; and
· sending an annual club survey to improve your experience as a club member
For membership and club management
· processing of membership forms and payments;
· sharing information with you about your membership for example when fees are due or changes to class times;
· club newsletter promoting club activity; and
· publishing of competition results
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
· sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors;
· sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
The club has the following social media Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
- Any party approved by you.
- To any governing bodies or regional bodies for the sports covered by our club: to allow them to properly administer the sports on a local, regional and national level.
- Other service providers: including but not limited to payment processors, insurers, IT services (including membership databases such as ClubWorx and productivity tools such as Google Suite) and their sub processors as required to provide such services;
- The Government: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives.
- Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security.
Transfers of your data outside of the European Union
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK and the European Union. Some of these jurisdictions require different levels of protection in respect of personal information and, in certain instances, the laws in those countries may be less protective than the jurisdiction you are typically resident in. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is only used in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable data protection laws and is respected and kept secure and where a third party processes your data on our behalf we will put in place appropriate safeguards as required under data protection laws.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. Your data is updated every year on annual membership forms. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after two years of your governing body licence expiring or 1 year after you last class if you never held a governing body licence.
Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.
Changes to this notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your instructor.